Color 8.4-inch Marine Network System with Radar and Satellite Weather Capability!
The Garmin 4208 supplies functionality with excellent design. The Garmin GPSMAP 4208 offers a video quality, sunlight viewable, 8.4” display with a Full VGA resolution of 640 x 480 pixels. As part of the Garmin Marine Network, the 4208 will connect with any of the 3200, 4200, 5200, 6200, or 7200 series displays as well as the Garmin Sounder, Radar, and Satellite Weather options. Garmin has also revised and simplified their user interface to make the 4200 series easy to use.
Pre-Loaded to every 4208is the detailed Garmin BlueChart G2 marine cartography for the entire United States as well as the Bahamas with worldwide satellite imagery. The Garmin BlueChart G2 information includes navaids, port plans, detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, wrecks, tide and current information, and restricted areas. This detail can also be enhanced with the purchase of the Garmin G2 vision chart. Garmin G2 Vision will give you the following:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides “real world” photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and otherpoints of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner’s Eye view – Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix
- Fish Eye view – 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail.
Garmin Marine Network-The New Garmin Marine Network allows you to connect several options or additional displays to your 4208 chartplotters.
Dual Stations- If you want a display for a second Navigation station and do not want to break the bank take a look at the 4208. The second display would be great on the fly bridge, below deck or in the cockpit. As part of the Garmin Marine Network, the 4208/4212 or 3200 series will access all of the devices and displays, as well as share waypoints, routes, tracks and cartography, with all displays on your network system.
GSD Sounder Options- Garmin now has 3 sounders available to choose from based on your performance needs. The GSD 22, ideal for cruisers, provides options of 600W, 1kw or 2kw of transmit power (depending on transducer selected) and provides target readouts up to 5000ft. The GSD 24 offers the same transmit power and 5000ft readouts as the GSD22, but with advanced technology the picture received is much crisper and clearer with enhanced separation of images. The GSD 26 with Spread Spectrum technology scans on multiple frequencies at once, providing target separation in deep waters as if you were in shallow waters and is perfect for serious or commercial fisherman offering transmit power ranging from 300W to 3kw and readouts up to 10,000 feet.
Satellite Weather Service-The GXM 52 will allow you to get real time satellite weather(requires the purchase of monthly service)with information including Current conditions, City forecasts, NEXRAD radar with precipitation type(animated, high resolution), Surface air pressure, Surface analysis (Highs, Lows and fronts), Lightning, Storm cell size, speed and direction, Hurricane track, Visibility forecast, Wind speed, Sea surface temperature, Wind direction, Wave period, Wave direction, Wave height, Buoy data and XM Radio capabilities.
Garmin Dome or Open Array Marine Radar--
The Garmin Marine Network also has the ability to add a Marine Radar. Garmin has several different high quality radars ranging from 18" closed Dome all the way up to a 6' Open Array. please see accesory list below for options.
Unit Dimensions- 7.0”h x 11.2”w x 4.6”d, 2-year warranty.