Color 12.1-inch Touch Screen Marine Network System with Radar and Satellite Weather Capability!
The Garmin GPSMAP 5212 takes marine navigation and networking to an entirely new level. The 5212 has an enormous 12.1” XGA touch screen display. That’s right, touch screen. No more buttons to push means easier operation of all the GPSMAP 5212’s functions. The 5212 displays charts, radar, sonar and video, all in real time in full screen or split screen mode. This unit should be at the center of any navigation station.
The GPS 5212 chartplotter is part of the Garmin Marine Network, you can customize your system to fit your needs. The 5212 is compatible with additional displays, radar, fishfinder, and satellite weather.
GSD Sounder Options- Garmin now has 3 sounders available to choose from based on your performance needs. The GSD 22, ideal for cruisers, provides options of 600W, 1kw or 2kw of transmit power (depending on transducer selected) and provides target readouts up to 5000ft. The GSD 24 offers the same transmit power and 5000ft readouts as the GSD22, but with advanced technology the picture received is much crisper and clearer with enhanced separation of images. The GSD 26 with Spread Spectrum technology scans on multiple frequencies at once, providing target separation in deep waters as if you were in shallow waters and is perfect for serious or commercial fisherman offering transmit power ranging from 300W to 3kw and readouts up to 10,000 feet.
Satellite Weather Service-The GXM 52 will allow you to get real time satellite weather(requires the purchase of monthly service)with information including Current conditions, City forecasts, NEXRAD radar with precipitation type(animated, high resolution), Surface air pressure, Surface analysis (Highs, Lows and fronts), Lightning, Storm cell size, speed and direction, Hurricane track, Visibility forecast, Wind speed, Sea surface temperature, Wind direction, Wave period, Wave direction, Wave height, Buoy data and XM Radio capabilities.
Garmin Dome or Open Array Marine Radar--
The Garmin Marine Network also has the ability to add a Marine Radar. Garmin has several different high quality radars ranging from 18" closed Dome all the way up to a 6' Open Array. please see accesory list below for options.
Pre-Loaded to every 5212 is the detailed Garmin BlueChart G2 marine cartography for the entire United States as well as the Bahamas with worldwide satellite imagery. The Garmin BlueChart G2 information includes navaids, port plans, detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, wrecks, tide and current information, and restricted areas. This detail can also be enhanced with the purchase of the Garmin G2 vision chart. Garmin G2 Vision will give you the following:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides “real world” photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and otherpoints of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner’s Eye view – Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix
- Fish Eye view – 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
Other features include 2 video inputs for onboard cameras, four NMEA outputs and two NMEA inputs, and three built-in network expansion ports.
Unit Dimensions- 9.5”h x 13”w x 4.7”d, 2-year warranty.