7” Touchscreen GPS/Sounder with preloaded inland Lakes
Garmin’s echoMAP 70s offers the angler a combination chartplotter/sounder which delivers Garmin’s famous ease of operation, along with some of their newest technology in fish finding. The echoMAP 70s has pinch to zoom technology which allows the mariner to just spread or close their fingers on the screen to either, zoom in, or zoom out, and even turn the screen to present a different view. With Garmin’s 10 Hz GPS receiver, that updates 10x’s per second you see a more fluid movement of your vessel on the screen. This becomes more important when you are navigating back to a waypoint you have marked, whether for fishing or guidance.
The internal map detail on the echomap 70 can also be enhanced with the purchase of the Garmin G2 vision chart. Garmin G2 Vision will give you the following:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides “real world” photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner’s Eye view – Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix
- Fish Eye view – 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
The HD-ID Sonarand Capture features that the echoMAP 70s offers, provides better separation and definition of images for the clearest possible picture of what lies below. With the echoMAP’s Sonar recording feature you receive coordinated timing of the sonar return with your boat's position while saving the digital information on the map.
To recap the echoMAP 70s, from Garmin, is a combination GPS/Fishfinder offering touchscreen with pinch to zoom technology for ease of operation, while adding a capture feature and HD-ID Sonar for a more clear target separation. The Sonar capture feature enables you to coordinate the timing of the sonar return to save your boat’s position on the chart. Charting offered on the echoMAP 70s is either Garmin US Lakes or BlueChart G2 for the U.S. Lakes Vision charts and BlueChart G2 charts for other coverage areas are compatible as well. The echoMAP 70S is an easy to use combination chartplotter/fishfinder that should be considered as an option for smaller boat captains.
echoMAP 70s Details
Each echoMAP 70s comes with: echoMAP 70s, Transom Mount Transducer, Tilt/swivel mount, Flush Mount Kit, Protective front cover, Bezel, Power/data/sonar cable, Documentation and a One-Year Warranty.
Unit Size: 9.0" x 5.6" x 2.4"
Display Size: 7” Diag.
Garmin echoMAP 70s Special Features
- Pinch to Zoom 7” Touchscreen
- 10 Hz GPS
- HD-ID Sonar
- Capture Sonar Recording
- Three Mounting Options
Garmin echoMAP 70s Specifications
|# Of Waypoints
||# Of Routes
|5,000 with name & symbol
||50,000 points 50 saved tracks
||10 Hz Garmin GPS/GLONASS receiver
||Color 7" Diag. 800 x 480
|Supports Lat/Lon, Loran TD's, MGRS, Maidenhead and User.
Garmin BlueChart G2 Vison Charts on SD
||For more information on the plug and play Garmin BlueChart G2 Vision chart cards click here for a full list of the available regions.