Top of the Line Marine Network System with G Motion Technology.
The Garmin GPSMAP 7212 is a sophisticated touchscreen chartplotter with G Motion technology for exceptionally fast map redraw and refresh rates. The 7212 features a whopping 12.1” XGA display with a video-quality resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels that is not only readable in bright sunlight but also great in low light conditions automatically dimming down to 0.5 nits. This rugged, waterproof unit meets IPX7 standards and is built to withstand the harsh marine environment.
Included with every GPSMAP 7212 is an ultra-sensitive GPS 19x NMEA 2000 WAAS antenna that accurately shows your position on the installed marine charts for the entire coastal U.S. including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. Like all of the other Garmin Marine Network Systems you can add optional Garmin Radar, Fishfinder, Satellite Weather, and other Garmin MFD’s sharing all the data throughout the network.
G Motion Technology
The GPSMAP 7212 offers ultra-fast panning and zooming of the chart with the help of Garmin’s new G Motion technology. The embedded chart detail can also be enhanced with the purchase of the Garmin g2 Vision chart which gives you the following:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides “real world” photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner’s Eye view – Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix
- Fish Eye view – 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing(bathymetric) charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
Whether you are viewing the preloaded chart or the highly detailed G2 Vision chart, the GPSMAP 7212 will let you zero in without delay.
Garmin Marine Network and NMEA 2000 Compatible
The Garmin GPSMAP 7212 can be used “right out of the box” as a stand-alone chartrplotter or connected to the Garmin Marine Network, transforming it into an entire navigation suite. Any of the Garmin GMR dome or open array radar antennas can be added for a full functioning marine radar. Based on your performance needs, choose from 3 availableGarmin sounders; the GSD 22, GSD 24, or GSD 26. The GSD 22, ideal for cruisers, provides options of 600W, 1kw or 2kw of transmit power (depending on transducer selected) and provides target readouts up to 5000ft. The GSD 24 offers the same transmit power and 5000ft readouts as the GSD22, but with advanced technology provides a much crisper and clearer picturewith enhanced separation of images. The GSD 26 with Spread Spectrum technology scans on multiple frequencies at once, providing target separation in deep waters and is perfect for serious or commercial fisherman offering transmit power ranging from 300W to 3kw and readouts up to 10,000 feet. With the addition of a GXM 52 antenna and subscription through XM, you can get real time satellite weather and XM audio for your boat. You can share these options with any of the compatible GPSMAP 4000, 5000 and 6000 series multi-function displays (MFD). If you have dual stations simply add an MFD at each stationto control all the network devices from either location. The GPSMAP 7212 is also NMEA 2000 compatible allowing it to share and collect information for any NMEA 2000 device or sensor.
Other Important Features
The Garmin 7212 has 4 NMEA 0183 inputs and 2 NMEA 0183 outputs capable of sharing AIS and DSC data, plus one PC output and two composite video inputs. Alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, clock, low battery voltage and GPS accuracy are also standard.