Crystal Clear 8” Touch Screen MFD with Pinch-to-Zoom and Unique “Smart Mode” Technologies.
At first glance, the sleek look of the Garmin GPSMAP 8208 MFD is what catches your eye, but what’s packed into it will keep your attention. The most technologically advanced and simplest MFD ever offered. Included in every 8000 series MFD is Garmin’s 19X Smart Antenna which quickly and efficiently locates your position and updates10x per second providing a much more fluid onscreen movement as well as a more accurate marking and navigating of up to 5,000 waypoints all showcased on the Multi-Touch Glass display. This 8” pinch to zoom Chartplotter with Anti-Glare and LED Backlighting make viewing and navigating anywhere along the entire coastal US, Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas a breeze whether day or night with the included Bluechart G2 mapping. Plus with the optional G2 Vision card the preloaded maps are enhanced even futher offering:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides “real world” photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner’s Eye view – Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix
- Fish Eye view – 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing(bathymetric) charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
It doesn’t stop there though. The GPSMAP 8208 is network capable and provides full system integration. With 4 NMEA 0183 inputs, 2 NMEA 0183 outputs, 1 NMEA 2000 port everything from Autopilot, Engine Data, Radar and even Multi-Media is available right at your fingertips and with SmartMode control you can switch all monitors from one mode to another without having to change each display individually. Plus, fully customizable layouts give you the information you want where you want it.
For those looking for sonar capabilities choose from one of 3 compatible sounders. The GSD 22, ideal for cruisers, provides options of 600W, 1kw or 2kw of transmit power (depending on transducer selected) and provides target readouts up to 5000ft. The GSD 24 offers the same transmit power and 5000ft readouts as the GSD22, but with advanced technology the picture received is much crisper and clearer with enhanced separation of images. The GSD 26 with Spread Spectrum technology scans on multiple frequencies at once, providing target separation in deep waters as if you were in shallow waters and is perfect for serious or commercial fisherman offering transmit power ranging from 300W to 3kw and readouts up to 10,000 feet.
Garmin has thought of it all with the 8000 series of networking systems. If you’re looking for a perfect match for your marine setup be sure to check out the GPSMAP 8208.