Compact combo unit, Packed full of features
With its refreshed user interface Garmin has made the echoMAP 50s easier than ever to operate, putting all the information you could ever need right at your fingertips. With the ability to store and navigate to up to 5,000 waypoints and 100 saved routes the echoMAP 50s is a great solution to a compact space issue. Plus, the built in 500W HD-ID sounder allows you to see depths of up to 1,900’ in fresh water and 700’ in salt water depending on water clarity and transducer selected. The Garmin echoMap series come with a built-in GPS antenna and are also compatible with Garmin's NMEA 0183 GPS antenna.
A large 5” sunlight readable VGA color screen clearly displays the preloaded Bluechart G2 information for US Coastal waters and Great Lakes. With the internal 10Hz Garmin GPS/GLONASS receiver which updates 10x per second a much more fluid movement is displayed on the chartplotter's screen.
The Garmin echoMAP 50s doesn’t just stop at a chartplotter/ fishfinder combo unit, Garmin has added Wi-Fi capability which allow's you to wirelessly connect to smartphones and tablets for use with the BlueChart Mobile App. Plus, Sonar Recording which records the timing of the sonar return along with your boats position while saving depth and position information. Great for scrolling back and reviewing sonar returns and creating waypoints – Making fishing easier than ever!
The internal map detail on the echomap can also be enhanced with the purchase of the Garmin G2 vision chart. Garmin G2 Vision will give you the following:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides “real world” photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner’s Eye view – Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix
- Fish Eye view – 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
The Garmin echoMAP 50s offers multiple mounting options depending on your need. Choose from bail mounting, flush mounting or flat mounting. Waterproof to IPX7 Standards.