Turn Your PC or Laptop into a GPS
The BU-353S4, by USGlobalSat, GPS Receiver can be utilized in a variety of applications. With a non-slip base and compact design, the BU-353-S4 is completely self-contained and waterproof. It incorporates the latest SiRF Star IV GPS chipset and a 48-channel antenna so you receive the highest degree of GPS accuracy.
Typical application may include, but not limited to marine, aviation, and commercial environments in such uses as fire truck, police cars, buses, RVs, utility & long haul vehicles. The extended 5 foot long cable allows for easy routing behind headliners and side panels to terminate at a USB connector for interfacing with your Laptop or PC.
US GlobalSat BU-353-S4 includes a driver to convert the USB port into a virtual COM port so it can work with these and most any other NMEA compliant mapping software on the market today:
Fugawi, Microsoft Streets & Trips (2002 and above), Rand McNally StreetFinder, DeLorme Street Atlas (8.0 and above), and Precision mapping Traveler 5.0
The US GlobalSat BU-353-S4 Features:
1. SiRF Star IV High Performance GPS chipset
2. High sensitivity (Tracking Sensitivity: -163 dBm)
3. Support NMEA 0183 v3.0 data protocol
4. Built-in SuperCap to reserve system data for rapid satellite acquisition
5. Super-cohesive magnet for mounting on the car
6. USB interface connection port.
7. Waterproof and non-slip on the bottom.
**Compatible with: Windows: XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 MAC 10.4.11 - 10.6.6+ Linux and Windows CE