Class A AIS Transceiver with 4.3” LCD Display
The Furuno FA-170 sits at the top of its league in Class A AIS Transponders sporting a brilliant, 4.3” Color LCD Display with Storage for up to 2,048 AIS Targets and 20 Transmitted and received messages. Class A AIS units are engineered and designed for commercial vessels and have much more strict guidelines over a standard Class B AIS.
AIS Equipped vessels, AIS-SART’s, Coastal Stations, and other navigational aids within VHF Range are displayed via symbols on the display of the FA170.
The Class A FA-170 includes 3 Input Only ports, 6 ports that are in/out and one land and alarm output port. This allows the AIS data to be output to ECDIS, Radar, Chartplotter’s, and other equipment to aid in collision avoidance.
The Furuno FA170 is BAM (Bridge Alert Management) Ready. The 170 meets the specific requirements for BAN as specified in IMO MSC.302(87). Optional Pilot Plug Available separately.
* Before we can program your AIS we need a few pieces of information and all AIS units require programming before shipping. Please fill out the form below and fax (910-575-9543) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) it back to us.
Click here to download a copy of the AIS programming form.
You will also need an MMSI number to complete the above form, if you dont already have one, you can get that here.
Furuno FA170 Box Contents
- Furuno FA170 Transponder Unit
- GPA017 Antenna
- Mounting Bracket and Knobs
- Operators and Installation Manuals
- Two Year Warranty
Furuno FA170 Key Features
- 4.3” Color LCD Display
- Store up to 2,048 AIS Targets and AIS SART’s
- Send and Receive AIS Data
- Class A AIS
- Includes GPA017 GPS Antenna
- Size: 5.7"W x 4.3"H x 2.9“D
Product Accessories for Furuno FA170 Class A AIS Transceiver
Need an antenna for your AIS system, the Shakespeare 5396-AIS Galaxy Antenna is powerful 4' option for any boat.
The Shakespeare 5215-AIS Squatty Body is built with extra bandwidth for all popular AIS transceivers. The 3' stainless steel, lightweight design is perfect for masthead mounting.