5W Class B AIS Transceiver with SOTDMA Class A Priority!
Awareness of your surroundings while out on the open water is critical. Now, thanks to the Si-Tex MDA 5 Class B AIS transceiver it is easier than ever. This fully certified 5-watt SOTDMA AIS is the most sophisticated on the market today and includes a NMEA183 data port as well as NMEA2000 connectivity.
With output power at 5 Watts, the MDA-5 will ensure your vessel is seen at longer ranges by not only other vessels but also AIS websites. However, it doesn’t stop there. The MDA5 also includes SOTDMA Class A priorities which means that unlike traditional Class B AIS transceivers, the MDA-5 will always transmit and be seen even in very congested commercial harbors and ports.
WiFi Capable, the Si-Tex MDA 5 will send AIS and position information to WiFi connected devices!
A 72 channel GPS & GLONASS receiver is built in to every MDA5 but also comes packaged with an external antenna for commercial vessels to ensure your position is accurate. Automatic VDR (Voyage Data recorder) is a standard function in every ais 5 and will automatically save the previous 30 days of voyage date.
IPX7 Waterproof rating, Ultra power efficient, IEC-62287-2, FCC, USCG certified and Industry Canada approved the MDA-5 is a must have for the best in situational awareness while on the water.
* Before we can program your AIS we need a few pieces of information and all AIS units require programming before shipping. Please fill out the form below and fax (910-575-9543) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) it back to us.
Click here to download a copy of the AIS programming form.
You will also need an MMSI number to complete the above form, if you dont already have one, you can get that here.
- MDA-5 Class B AIS Transceiver
- Power/Data Cable
- GPS Antenna
- Accessory Cable and Fixings Kit
- Product CD, Manual, Quick Start Guide and Warranty Information
- Two Year Warranty
- 5-Watt SOTDMA Class B AIS
- NMEA 0183 / NMEA2000 Connectivity
- Integrated Zero-Loss VHF Antenna Splitter
- Includes both internal and external GPS Antenna
- WiFi Capability sends AIS/Position data to WiFi Connected Devices
- Size: 6.75"W x 2.1"H x 5.2“D
Product Accessories for Si-Tex MDA-5 Class B AIS Transceiver
The Shakespeare 5215-AIS Squatty Body is built with extra bandwidth for all popular AIS transceivers. The 3' stainless steel, lightweight design is perfect for masthead mounting.